Computer Forensics, Data Recovery and EDiscovery/PUP installation message

Question
I have a problem with my computer. The following message pop ups about twice a day in a dialogue box:
User Account Control
Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to this computer?
Program name: Setup.exe
Verified Publisher: ClientConnectLTD
File Origin: Hard drive on this computer

I believe the file is located in the temp directory of my C Drive. When I delete it, it seems to reappear the next time the above message is displayed. I think that a PUP would be installed called Search Protect if I clicked ‘yes’, so obviously I click ‘no’.

I reckon that the problem started when I downloaded some free software and the above program was included in the bundle. When I look at the list of programs installed on my computer I do not find ClientConnectLTD or Search Protect, nor do I have any of the problems that people report with it, such as adverts appearing on a browser. I suspect the software is not installed, however, for some reason I keep on getting this nuisance message inviting me to do so.

I have considered performing a roll back but unfortunately I do not find any restore points listed. This could be because I have not created any, it could also be because since I have had the problem I have just upgraded the operating system from 8 to 8.1.

How can I get the message to go away permanently?

Am I likely to have any other difficulties because of this situation?

I should like to thank you in advance for your kind assistance with this matter.

Answer
It seems suspicious to me and I'd better unintalling all the programs that I've recently installed. Press 'window' button + 'Q' and type 'Uninstall', proceed uninstalling all the programs that looks suspicious to you.

If that problem is yet not resolved, consider doing a system restore to any previous date when your system were running fine. Keep note that this will uninstall all the programs that you've installed recently but do not touch any of your files though.

I'd also recommend you to download the latest copy of MBAM (Malwarebytes Antimalware) from its official website. Start full system scan and remove any viruses that it founds.

Good luck!!

Computer Forensics, Data Recovery and EDiscovery

Oliver Powell