Computer Forensics, Data Recovery and EDiscovery/Accidentally Deleted Files and Folders - PDF, Programs, Downloaded data etc.

Question
QUESTION: I have important files (pdf, programs, files, etc.).  I place under download in several folders, but I do not want to accidentally deletes those folders. How do I make the folders undeleteable so that I do not accidentally delete it.  But I am afraid that by doing that it mine alter the files and folders.  I want my files to be the same and nothing have change, but I do not to accidentally delete them.  How do I do that?

ANSWER: Dear Henry,

The first thing to do is just don't get bother as every 3rd person between us is already faced such circumstances or have been going through. The good thing is, most of them had successfully recover all of their useful data back without loosing the content of the files.

You haven't clearly mentioned the location of the deleted files, that is either bootable partition or any different partition you would use for storing stuff. Remember, once the data is lost, accidentally deleted or somehow formatted, it'll not permanently deleted immediately. Instead, it still exists on the storage device till you choose not to perform any copy/move operation to that particular drive. Doing this involves risks of overwriting deleted files and making it beyond recovery.

Using data recovery software is the only remedy action that can brings your lost files back exactly in the state it was before deletion. Just download one of the most trusted and recommended data recovery software form Stellar Phoenix and install it on your PC.

P.S. As the drive is internal and installing applications on the same drive might overwrite some or major part of the deleted files. For better recovery results, remove the internal drive and connect it external to another computer.

Under 'Driver Recovery' option, you can see the problem device is listed. Click on it to choose and perform subsequent recovery methods such as Advanced recovery or RAW recovery. Once the scanning is completed, the software will list all the deleted files and folders in tree structure so could you see the preview of all the recoverable files. Check mark the box against all your desirable files that you want to recover.

Be sure to save the recovered data to a different place than the device you are recovering for uninterrupted data recovery operation.

Hope it helps!!
Oliver

QUESTION: 1. The problem is that I have a thousands and such.  I do not know what is deleted or not.  I want to keep all the files and prevent and used of deletion.

2. How do you the folders un-deleted until you program it to delete? If the folders are program to not be deleted, will that affect the files or the files and folders remain the same?

Answer
Answer:

1) No problem. The mentioned recovery software has option to select the whole drive at once and begin scanning process. Depending on the size of the drive, scanning process will takes time. So be calm!!

2)Didn't get exactly what you're asking...ooops!!
What i understand is " how the files and folders can exist even after deletion. Even if it exists, will it continue to remain in the same state and will be after recovery". Correct me if I'm wrong.

The answer is - Any deleted files and folders from the storage device isn't flushed from the computer memory. Instead, only the space occupied by deleted files will be marked as free and the actual files header information will be transferred to MBR (Master Boo Record) of your computer system. Recovery software tends to scan only the MBR to look for any files marked with deleted entries. For sure, software will recover files and folders exactly in the state it found on the MBR which doesn't harm the actual information of the deleted files.  

Computer Forensics, Data Recovery and EDiscovery

Oliver Powell