Computer Goods/Electronics/Manufacturing process of electronic components.

Electronic Components
Electronic Components  
QUESTION: Dear Aviva‎‎

Passive components viz resistors, capacitors , inductors, active components viz transistors, diodes, integrated circuits etc are available which are used in electronic devices viz radios, television sets, electronic toys, VCR, Music Systems,
Cell phones etc.

1. What is the manufacturing process for passive capacitors viz resistors, capacitors, inductor ?.

2. What are the tools required for the same ?.

3. Is the manufacturing process automated or manual ?.

4. Electrical circuit/s mounted on the Printed Circuit Board will be required to test the components before or after assembling ?.

For example :

10 ohm, 100 ohm,  1k ohm resistor
10 microfarad, 10 farad,  1 picofarad capacitor.

For example : 10 Ohm resistor, 25 microfarad capacitor, 7 Henry Inductance etc

5. Can there be methods for creating bulk components from a single component manufactured of the same value and rating ?.

As a example, a 10 ohm resistor is manufactured with the process.
With the reference of 10 ohm resistor, can one manufacture another hundred 10 ohm resistors ?.

As a example, a 25 microfarad capacitor is manufactured with the process. With the reference of 25 microfarad capacitor, can one manufacture another hundred 25 microfarad capacitors ?.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

ANSWER: Dear Prashant S Akerkar,
I can not describe in details items 1 and 2 as it will take a whole book (there are books and numerous articles on this subject. I suggest you look up and
3. The manufacturing processes are all automated with the exception of very special components like very accurate resistors (less than 0.001%) that are calibrated manually and cost a lot.
All passive and active components are manufactured by the thousands and hundreds of thousands.
4. All components are tested during the manufacturing process and a random sample is tested at the end of the process. The testing process is also automatic. For passive components the manufacturer uses current and voltage measurements to determine accuracy. For active components
(transistors, integrated circuits etc.) they use a JIG - a device that activates the component and measures the outputs).
5. All components are manufactured in bulks. One of a kind components are created only in labs.

Best Regards,

QUESTION: Dear Aviva

Thank you.

On a Rough Estimation, How much investment in US $ may be required for setting Passive Components Manufacturing facility plant (factory) ?.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Dear Prashant S Akerkar,
There are too many parameters to consider: type of components, monthly quantities, basic materials suppliers, manufacturing equipment, cost of logistics, etc.
The most important factor is personnel. Do you have the trained and experienced people to man
the factory or do you have to train them?
I suggest you email some component manufacturers (you can find them through google) and ask how much they invested in their newest facilities. Most of them will be happy to assist you and
their answers should give you a rough estimate.

Best Regards,

Computer Goods/Electronics

Aviva Shalem

I can answer questions about electronic devices' development processes, PCB design and manufacturing processes, Assembly processes and anything related to electronic products engineering. I do not provide schematic designs or any other designs for free. I can, however, give advice on the validity of new designs.I'll not answer questions regarding fixing electronic products/devices or draw schematics for you! I can and will help you fix your processes. Electronic product engineering IS NOT electronic engineering!

I have more than 20 years experience in electronic products engineering.Anything and everything from design through manufacturing to maintenance.

Aviariana Engineering and Training Ltd.