Computer Goods/Electronics/electronic devices

Question
For which input voltage the inverter fails to function as an inverter? What happens to the inverter at that input voltage?

Answer
Hi Navya,
The working (input) voltage depends on the device. Some inverters work on 12 volts, others on 5
volts or 3 volts. to determine the correct working voltage you must consult the data sheet of
the device you choose to work with.
For example, see tables 5 and 6 (page 4) in this pdf: http://www.nxp.com/documents/data_sheet/74HC_HCT04.pdf
At less than the minimum working voltage the inverter will not function - there will be no
output. At more than the maximum working voltage the device might burn and you'll need to
replace it.

Aviva

Computer Goods/Electronics

Aviva Shalem