Computer Law/Hacking - non US

Hi Chris! I understand you mostly handle US only, but I am hoping you can share your thoughts on my case. I am from Barbados and had a Filipina girlfriend who works in Singapore. We had bad breakup and my ex knows all my pw in my emails. She copied some of my previous emails and forwarded to my contact lists using one of my emails, thus recipients thought it was me sending the emails.
I know getting into someone's email is illegal, but considering the various locations involved, what are international law can cover my case? Hoping to receive your advise soonest. Thanks!

Hi Miguel,

Sadly without a large amount of money being involved or it being a high profile crime, there are no international laws that will cover this. You would have to file with yrou police in your locationa nd they would in turn ahve to take it from there. The crime was against you and yoru accounts, which you access from your location. the fact that the physical location of the files is somewhere else makes not difference.

You shoudl contact your local police and they shoudl be the ones handling it. If they do not know how or give you ne help your next chance is with the Sinapore Police who I know know how to investigate computer crimes, they are some fo the best at it. you may have to contact them and report it if your local police don't help or won't help.

Hope you get it resolved.

Computer Law

Chris Wagoner

I can answer questions concerning Computer Crime Investigations and Internet investigations including Computer Crime Laws both at the State level and Federal level. I can answer questions on almost any crime in which a computer is used. In addition I can answer questions concerning copywrite infringement (peer to peer, and copying). I served as a police Commander and conducted and still conduct Computer Crime Investigations at the Local, State and Federal level. I have investigated all most any kind of crime with which or which involved a computer and the internet, from murders, kidnappings, extortion, drug dealing and more. I can answer questions concerning Computer Forensics (the art of recovering information from a suspects computer), Computer Crime Investigations and Internet Investigations. I am a Federally Court Recognized Expert in Computer Crime and Computer Forensics. I have worked in both Facebook and MySPace, also in Peer to Peer investigations. In addition I can answer questions concerning child predators and how to make your children safer on-line. I teach Computer Forensics, Internet Investigations, Peer to Peer Investigations and other computer crime related subjects for several colleges and the Institute of Police Technology and Management. My hobby webpage - Military Videos -

I conduct computer crime investigations in conjunction with the F.B.I., Alachua County Sheriff’s Office, Gainesville Police Department, and University of Florida Police Department, Levi County Sheriff’s Office, Starke Police Department and other agencies in the North Florida Court District. I provide the forensic data recovery services for those agencies as well as internet tracing and information gathering. I am a Federal Court Certified Expert in Computer Crime Investigations and Forensics. I teach Computer Forensics for the University of North Florida, Institute of Police Technology and Management. I also teach Computer Crime courses for Tallahassee Community College, Pat Thomas Law Enforcement Training Center. Associate Instructor; teach Computer Crime courses thorough out the world for IPTM. Presently Teach Cyber Crime Investigations, Computer Crime Investigations and Computer Forensic Data Recovery Course.

2 Degrees in Criminal Justice, now teach college level Data Forensics classes

Awarded the FBI Directors Award for assisting the FBI in a National Computer Crime Investigation. Awarded Dec 2002