Computer Law/email hacking for use in emergency ex parte hearing

Question
Hello Chris,

I live in Florida, and my ex moved my children to another region of the state about five years ago (away from all of my family and hers in attempts to alienate me).  I have them three weekends a month, and have been fighting for custody ever since.  Last year, a guardian ad litum was ordered due to her unstable behavior.  After an 8-month investigation, the ad litum informed me that he is recommending a change of custody.  

My question is: if information is obtained from her email account that is submitted to the ad litum that verifies that she repeatedly endangered my children, can she have me prosecuted for hacking?

Answer
Hi Dan,

If you hack into her account to gather evidence then yes she can file charges against you. I would suggest asking your lawyer to subpoena her e-mails form her account. The Judge can order the records from the e-mail provider.

Good luck and I hope your children are safe and all works out what is best for them.  

Computer Law

Chris Wagoner