Computer Law/keyogger program

A co worker has access to my work computer and downloaded a keylogger program, with out owner of company's knowledge. She attempted to get into a email account of mine. And a fellow co workers college email, bank account, and home email address..she is also remotely downloading all company emails sent to company email to her imap every 10 minutes.  owners know, but what can I and coworker do. Its been 3 days that they have known and program is still on our computer and they feel they know what employee is responsible.

Hi Darla,

I would let your employer know what is happening is illegal and if they do not notify the police you will as you feel its an invasion of your privacy (which it is). It needs to be reported as soon as possible as these types of crimes are best reported while its happening. You should not have your privacy invaded and the company not do anything. They are liable as they know now and if they do not take action they are condoning illegal conduct and you would have a civil suit against them.

Also while this is going on do not change your passwords on your accounts using the office machine. I would change all of your passwords from your home computer and then do not access anything personal from the work computers. That way there is nothing involving your private accounts. If you have to check these things, use your cell phone or other device, not the computers at work.

Be safe. Make sure you do not do anything on the company computer other than company work and protect your private accounts by only accessing them using something other than the company computer.

Hope this helps, tell them to take action or you will have no choice but to notify the police yourself.

Computer Law

Chris Wagoner

I can answer questions concerning Computer Crime Investigations and Internet investigations including Computer Crime Laws both at the State level and Federal level. I can answer questions on almost any crime in which a computer is used. In addition I can answer questions concerning copywrite infringement (peer to peer, and copying). I served as a police Commander and conducted and still conduct Computer Crime Investigations at the Local, State and Federal level. I have investigated all most any kind of crime with which or which involved a computer and the internet, from murders, kidnappings, extortion, drug dealing and more. I can answer questions concerning Computer Forensics (the art of recovering information from a suspects computer), Computer Crime Investigations and Internet Investigations. I am a Federally Court Recognized Expert in Computer Crime and Computer Forensics. I have worked in both Facebook and MySPace, also in Peer to Peer investigations. In addition I can answer questions concerning child predators and how to make your children safer on-line. I teach Computer Forensics, Internet Investigations, Peer to Peer Investigations and other computer crime related subjects for several colleges and the Institute of Police Technology and Management. My hobby webpage - Military Videos -

I conduct computer crime investigations in conjunction with the F.B.I., Alachua County Sheriff’s Office, Gainesville Police Department, and University of Florida Police Department, Levi County Sheriff’s Office, Starke Police Department and other agencies in the North Florida Court District. I provide the forensic data recovery services for those agencies as well as internet tracing and information gathering. I am a Federal Court Certified Expert in Computer Crime Investigations and Forensics. I teach Computer Forensics for the University of North Florida, Institute of Police Technology and Management. I also teach Computer Crime courses for Tallahassee Community College, Pat Thomas Law Enforcement Training Center. Associate Instructor; teach Computer Crime courses thorough out the world for IPTM. Presently Teach Cyber Crime Investigations, Computer Crime Investigations and Computer Forensic Data Recovery Course.

2 Degrees in Criminal Justice, now teach college level Data Forensics classes

Awarded the FBI Directors Award for assisting the FBI in a National Computer Crime Investigation. Awarded Dec 2002