Computer Law/email hacking

A woman I was dating told me she read thousands of my sent emails when I left the email acct window open on her computer.
However I never accessed my email acct. from her computer.
Somehow she got into my email acct.  I had Microsoft/Hotmail
run me an IP LOG for a 2 month period in the months of July, August of 2012.  This period of time is when she was probably
reading my emails.  The Ip LOGS from Microsoft showed NO ip logs
for 30 straight days during that time period.  Even though I accessed my acct everyday.  They day that is all the record they
have and then they ask me for proof I did access my acct during that time period which I sent then a sent and rec'd message that showed I did access my acct. during that time period.  Then they said they couldn't help me, no logs during that time period.  What can I do to get those logs which will prove she was hacking my email acct?

Good morning Marc,

The way to get those logs is to have an attorney subpoena them from Microsoft. They have to respond to a subpoena and that should get the records that you need. Or you can call the police and report a unauthorized use of a computer and/or network. The police will then begin the investigation and during that investigation they will subpoena Microsoft for the records of your email account. Just be sure when you reported to the police that you make sure that they understand that you spoke with the suspect and she admitted to reading your emails which you did not give her permission access. They will then interview her and possibly that would be the end of it or they will investigated further and try to press charges against her. Either way you letting the police do their job and they will get all those records and things for you as part of the investigation.

Hope this helps.

Computer Law

Chris Wagoner

I can answer questions concerning Computer Crime Investigations and Internet investigations including Computer Crime Laws both at the State level and Federal level. I can answer questions on almost any crime in which a computer is used. In addition I can answer questions concerning copywrite infringement (peer to peer, and copying). I served as a police Commander and conducted and still conduct Computer Crime Investigations at the Local, State and Federal level. I have investigated all most any kind of crime with which or which involved a computer and the internet, from murders, kidnappings, extortion, drug dealing and more. I can answer questions concerning Computer Forensics (the art of recovering information from a suspects computer), Computer Crime Investigations and Internet Investigations. I am a Federally Court Recognized Expert in Computer Crime and Computer Forensics. I have worked in both Facebook and MySPace, also in Peer to Peer investigations. In addition I can answer questions concerning child predators and how to make your children safer on-line. I teach Computer Forensics, Internet Investigations, Peer to Peer Investigations and other computer crime related subjects for several colleges and the Institute of Police Technology and Management. My hobby webpage - Military Videos -

I conduct computer crime investigations in conjunction with the F.B.I., Alachua County Sheriff’s Office, Gainesville Police Department, and University of Florida Police Department, Levi County Sheriff’s Office, Starke Police Department and other agencies in the North Florida Court District. I provide the forensic data recovery services for those agencies as well as internet tracing and information gathering. I am a Federal Court Certified Expert in Computer Crime Investigations and Forensics. I teach Computer Forensics for the University of North Florida, Institute of Police Technology and Management. I also teach Computer Crime courses for Tallahassee Community College, Pat Thomas Law Enforcement Training Center. Associate Instructor; teach Computer Crime courses thorough out the world for IPTM. Presently Teach Cyber Crime Investigations, Computer Crime Investigations and Computer Forensic Data Recovery Course.

2 Degrees in Criminal Justice, now teach college level Data Forensics classes

Awarded the FBI Directors Award for assisting the FBI in a National Computer Crime Investigation. Awarded Dec 2002