Computer Law/Invasion of privacy

Question
My daughter loaned me her computer so that my boss could download a program on it for work so that I could get some work done at home. He had went into her locked folder of pictures she had taken for her boyfriend uploaded and emailed the picture to his his self and and shared it with another IP address.
What is the law on this?

Answer
Hi Dawn,

The law protects peoples 4th Amendment rights to privacy. I would contact the police to make a report. What he did is called unauthorized access to a computer and or network. Also if you want to I would contact a lawyer and see if they are willing to sue based on the violation of your daughters constitutional rights to privacy. You should have a good case.

But first call the police to report the unauthorized access to the files.

Let me know how it goes and what you choose to do. I like to keep up with those who need help.

Computer Law

Chris Wagoner