Computer Law/Need evidence of ex hacking into my computer

Question
I am very suspicious of my ex husband hacking into my computer.  He is a computer engineer and I feel that he knowledgeable at doing so.
He is using a posting from my craigslist account as evidence to be used against me in our hearing June 27/13.  He has this posting included as part of his declaration.  He lives in a different state and could not have possibly found it by scrolling through the classifieds under 'legal services' in my state....based on the very vague header. He would have had no reason for that particular search.  I also have emails that are no longer in my email account. When I do a search for them so that I can review past conversations with him, they are not there.
I have read several of your answers pertaining to the same content as mine.  I will report this as well, but is there something that I can do to detect anything to determine his hacking as evidence?
Thank you for your time
Sincerely, Jane

Answer
Jane,

You really would need to hire a computer forensics expert who is qualified to detect this type of activity.  You would then need to operate under your local court rules to determine the process to admit whatever information he finds as evidence.  If you are currently working with a lawyer in this matter, he/she should be able to assist with that process.  Note however, that this type of work is neither easy or inexpensive, unfortunately.

Good luck.
Dan

Computer Law

Dan Pepper