Computer Law/E-Mail

Question
I recently found out that a coworker forwarded emails from my account to the one of the bosses at my work.  The email was personal and private from a friend and she was able to access because i did not log out.  Is there anything that can be done about this.  The HR person from my job contacted me about the emails and told me that the person had sent them to him.  I am concerned also if anything can be done either to the coworker or company if they retaliate or do anything to reprimand me for the email i recieved FROM someone else.

Answer
Remy,

I am assuming that the emails were access from a computer owned by your employer and located at your workplace. As such, your co-worker's access of your email becomes a question of whether it violates your company's email/computer access policies, and not a violation of your individual rights. Generally, you have no expectation of privacy or other rights as it relates to email or other information stored on your employer's computers.

Dan

Computer Law

Dan Pepper