Computer Law/Inquiries on multiple unauthorized access of electronic accounts

Question
Sir,
I live in Mississippi. My wife and I have been separated for 2 months, and we live in separate residences.
When my wife and I separated, I took my cell phone with me. The account is in her daughter's name, and she poses as the account holder to make all changes to the accounts.
On Sept. 3rd she used that access to install a web based messenger on my phone number to gain access to text messages that were sent and rec'd by my phone.
Before this we had made an arrangement for me to pay the early termination fee on that number, which I did yesterday, 9/13, and surrendered the sim card to her, before which I did a factory restore on my phone to eliminate any possible saved information from said SIM card.
Once she was in possession of the SIM card, she promptly used access to the number to hack multiple electronic accounts, including 3 email accounts and my Facebook account to attempt to gain evidence against me to modify our divorce from ID to adultery.
The fact that I have multiple levels of proof that she adultered the marriage initially, what, if any of that information can she use in court, if it should come to that, and what is my legal expectation of privacy? How should I proceed?

Answer
Hi John,

I hope you have a good lawyer. There are multiple issues you are going to have to deal with and some of those may be criminal in nature. In most cases of access between married people (even if separated since you are still married)there is little the spouse can do. But in your case, her accessing the accounts after she got the sim card and your Facebook and email accounts may rise to the level of criminal. I would check with your divorce lawyer and see if they know any of the computer access laws for your state. If not, you may want to notify the police of these unauthorized access to these accounts. The police will be able to tell you if its criminal or not. If it is, anything she gains from accessing the accounts is considered "poisoned fruit" in the legal sense and not able to be used in the civil proceedings. You really need to consult an attorney in your area that is well versed in the computer laws. They can tell you better than I can but I am willing to bet there are some laws that prevent this very thing.  

Computer Law

Chris Wagoner