Computer Science/Math

Question
QUESTION: I had a little Math to ask about if I can.

I know 20mV I would write as .020 Volts.

And what I am doing is moving the point 3 place to the left.

So if I have 4000mV do I write it as 4. Volts?

ANSWER: Bob,

1. I know 20mV I would write as .020 Volts.

Answer:  CORRECT

2. So if I have 4000mV do I write it as 4. Volts?
or simply 4 volts.
Answer:   CORRECT

Hope this helps,
Jeff

QUESTION: So if I see 4000mV why would I write it as 4. with the point after the number 4?

If the point is after the number is this not saying it is a whole number?

I meen 20mV I would write it as .020 with the point before the number?

I thought 4000mV would be .0004 Volts?

Answer
Bob,

Nope

How many mV in 1 volts? The answer is 1000.  So if then with this in mind 4000mv is equal to 4 volts.

0.0004 volts is equal too .4 mv  proven by moving back to the right for mili:  .0(1place)
.00(2 places)  .000(3 places for mili) now place decimal .4mv  

4000mv......     4000.0    now move 3 (mili) decimal points to the left = 4 volts

Hope this helps,

Jeff  

Computer Science

Jeff Laatsch