Computer Security & Viruses/Kaspersky and Spybot

I have Kaspersky installed on my machine, but doing a complete search takes hours.  I recently installed Spybot, ran it and found there were some problems which it identified and fixed.  I later removed it because I learned that it would slow down my computer.  I'm thinking of reinstalling it because on weekends I need to know if there is any spyware before I type in an account number for a program I use.  Except for slowing the computer, is there any problem in using both Kaspersky and Spybot?  Or is there a quicker Kaspersky scan that would allow me to do the same thing as Spybot: identify and remove any spyware?

Due to Spybot slowing down your machine and Kaspersky taking a long time to scan, I use AVG free as an anti-virus
and Malwarbytes as my anti-malware, spyware, etc.

Both of these programs are free, however they can both be purchased for better protection and automation.
Let me know how it goes. You should see no difference in computer performance using both of these programs.

Computer Security & Viruses

Keith Davis

Advice on how to avoid viruses and spyware. Suggestions on what software to run to avoid viruses and spyware. Identification of spyware, trojans, or virus infections. Overall system security.

As a PC tech, removing and identifying many viruses and trojans from customer's PCs.

4 classes short of a Networking degree.