Computer Security & Viruses/Repeating ad in many multiple tabs (Firefox)

Question
Firefox 16.0.2 on Mac OX Lion.
Just yesterday, I began seeing an ad for LordOfUltima that is replicated very quickly in multiple consecutive new tabs in .  Sometimes in 30 seconds a half dozen of these can appear, and if I step away from the computer and come back, there can be 20 or 30 of these.  Most of the time, a mmotraffic.com or another one (I cant remember) appears in the new tab before the ad loads.

Also, it looks like the list of cookies is being scanned because the currently selected cookie keeps changing.  (It almost looks like this is being done, so that I can't remove any individual cookie.)  So I've tried deleting all cookies, but within a second or two, immediately dozens of cookies come back, starting with:
1a-do-not-track-lus.com
1b-has-placed-optout.com
lc-cookies-on-your.com
1d-machine-they.com
1e-opt-you-out.com
1f-of-targeted-ads.com
and several cookies that start with "ad" in the name.

How do I get rid of this?

Answer
1st step: Try downloading and installing Malwarebytes. It is free here: http://www.filehippo.com/download_malwarebytes_anti_malware/
After installing, update, and run a quick scan. Remove what it finds. This may be all you need to do. However, if it does not remove the problem go to step 2.
2nd step: Download and run Combofix. Another free program. Get it here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/combofix/
Combofix is an executable. You just download it, save it to your desktop, double-click to run. It is more intensive and the onscreen instructions need to be followed (mostly you just let it do it's thing). As a note, I have experienced computers that were infected with certain trojans that would block combofix. The way around this is to rename it. Right-click, click rename, name it anything just make sure you leave the .exe suffix in place.
Let me know how it goes.  

Computer Security & Viruses

Keith Davis