Computer Security & Viruses/Anti-virus and mapped drive

Question
I've asked this of two different experts so far.  Neither one could answer.  So, let me try again.

My local computer running XP has a couple of drives mapped to the server running NT4.0.  When I run the anti-virus program, it scans the mapped drive.  But can it really identify and remove/quarantine a virus if it finds one?  I ask this because I know I can't install the anti virus program directly on the server because of incompatibility with the old NT4.0.
Art

Answer
Hello Art,

In actual sense, the Mapped drive relies on the primary location of the Local drive that holds its files. This in return enables the security program scan whatever files are being held by the Local drive responsible reflected in the Mapped drive. In order for the security program to remove/quarantine an infection as you've queried, the Mapped drive's files and folders(which in actual sense are in the Local drive) have to be added onto the Anti-Virus' SCAN TARGET location. This will in return perform an accomplished scan, removal and quarantine of infected files.

Kind Regards,
Lenny.

P.S. You should go for a reliable and compatible security program that eases the gesture towards a smooth flow scan.

CLICK ME PLEASE

Computer Security & Viruses

Lenny