Computer Security & Viruses/AntiSpyware and mapped drive

Could you explain the computer logic for this situation?

Using XP on my client computer and NT on my server, I have a drive mapped to the server where I keep a lot of files.  I have run an antispyware program.  It finds and quarantines a particular file.  Yet every time I run the scan it finds and quarantines it again.  Is it somehow regenerating or is the program just finding it in quarantine and giving the same response....or something else?  FYI, the anti spyware program is called SuperAntiSpyware.

SuperAntiSpyware only has limited repair abilities, so all it can do is quarantine that file. It is best when used together with an antivirus program and indeed is not intended to find and repair most viruses. If you are not running an antivirus program, it would be a good idea to install one. Kapersky antivirus is compatible with SuperAntiSpyware. You can get a free trial version of Kapersky at It should be able to detect and remove that troublesome file and anything else that may have infected your computer.

Computer Security & Viruses

Carolyn Meinel

I cover Windows, Linux, TCP/IP and Ethernet security questions. I do not cover Mac, smart phones, or other networking issues.

Books by Carolyn Meinel: wrote a chapter for The Hacking of America book (see My article Code Red for the Web for Scientific American was reprinted in the book Best American Science Writing 2002 (see My book The Happy Hacker: A Guide to Mostly Harmless Hacking is now in 4th edition with a Japanese edition (see

See a list with some online links at

MS, Industrial Engineering, The University of Arizona Took a course in computer forensics at the University of Texas at Austin/

DARPA, SAIC, Palmer Labs