Computer Security & Viruses/Is antivirus enough?

Question
I asked a question a few days ago about if I should use Avast or Avg. I forgot to ask if just Avg would be enough, or do I need more than just an antivirus software? Why does Norton come with all kinds of different things, and do I need those too?

Answer
You can purchase AVG Security Suite (don't know how much it costs) that has a firewall, spyware, malware, etc. detection and removal.
What I do is use AVG as my protection against viruses and bad trojans and use Malwarebytes as my spyware, adware, and bad trojan detection and removal. I may have said this before but Malwarebytes is free and can be downloaded from www.filehippo.com . It is manual so you have to just remember to update and scan every so often or if you suspect an infection.

Computer Security & Viruses

Keith Davis