Computer Security & Viruses/Is antivirus enough?

I asked a question a few days ago about if I should use Avast or Avg. I forgot to ask if just Avg would be enough, or do I need more than just an antivirus software? Why does Norton come with all kinds of different things, and do I need those too?

You can purchase AVG Security Suite (don't know how much it costs) that has a firewall, spyware, malware, etc. detection and removal.
What I do is use AVG as my protection against viruses and bad trojans and use Malwarebytes as my spyware, adware, and bad trojan detection and removal. I may have said this before but Malwarebytes is free and can be downloaded from . It is manual so you have to just remember to update and scan every so often or if you suspect an infection.

Computer Security & Viruses

Keith Davis

Advice on how to avoid viruses and spyware. Suggestions on what software to run to avoid viruses and spyware. Identification of spyware, trojans, or virus infections. Overall system security.

As a PC tech, removing and identifying many viruses and trojans from customer's PCs.

4 classes short of a Networking degree.