Computer Security & Viruses/AVG or Avast

Question
I am looking for a good, free antivirus software for my windows laptop. I have heard of both AVG and Avast and was wondering if you could tell me which is a better choice. Thank you!

Answer
I have a preference toward AVG. I will be honest. My opinion is based on the fact that I have used AVG for approx. 8 years with no viruses or any serious malware infections. I have used Avast, but the free version, at the time, had ads and seemed to use more system resources than AVG. Here is a link to the free 32 bit version. On the same site they have the 64 bit version.
http://www.filehippo.com/download_avg_antivirus_32/

Computer Security & Viruses

Keith Davis