Computer Security & Viruses/can't uninstall

I'm not sure if this is your line of expertise. However I'm having a problem uninstalling a program entitled utorrentcontrol2 toolbar. It just will not uninstall I click uninstall and nothing happens. I've removed it from extensions and it's still there when I search.

If you could help I'd much appreciate it or even if you could point me in the right direction.

Actually, the utorrent toolbar by Conduit is an adware program, so you've come to the right place.  Download and run AdwCleaner according to the instructions posted here:

If, after running the scan, you still find the search results have not changed, you may have to change your search settings in your browser.  Let me know and I will help you with that if needed.

QUESTION: Thanks Brian.

I run the cleaner and cleaned it. But it's still there. So I'm assuming I have to change the search settings as you said.

How do I do that?

Hi Dan

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.  If your search is still being redirected, you will need to change the default search provider under the settings for your browser.  Let me know which browser you are using so I can give you specific instructions.

Computer Security & Viruses

Brian Benosky

I will help you in eradicating malware and all forms of virus/trojans/adware. I can answer all PC-related hardware issues. I can also troubleshoot Windows OS errors (all versions) and other software problems. HijackThis logs are a MUST for virus related help. If you do not know how to do this, I have posted easy-to-follow instructions on the Ask a Question page. Every computer infection is different, so I will give you personal instructions on how to remove the malware, not a 'pat' answer. You can be assured of a prompt, polite, and knowledgeable response in all regards.

I have over 25 years experience in using, building, and repairing computers. I have helped over two thousand people here on AllExperts, with consistent Top Feedback Scores. Please look at my answers here: I am also a Top Contributor of General Computing answers in Yahoo! Questions.

College Educated Self-taught Computer Skills