Computer Security & Viruses/DNS error

QUESTION: Good day, Sir. Recently, I have been having trouble opening a site that I frequent. I did not pay it any mind at first because whenever I connect to a different internet sources other than my home router, it opens fine. I thought that it was only a permanent problem because Google Chrome said it was probably due to some error on the site. But, now I am unable to open another site and it is showing the same error. It's always a DNS error. And I have tried clearing my DNS cache and I have also tried suing OpenDNS but nothing is working. I am using Win 7 OS and Google Chrome web browser. There are only 2 sites that I can't open. I have tried scanning my system using Avira AntiVirus and it showed that I had 1 potentially damaging hidden file. I don't know what to do. Please help me. I just want to access those sites again. Thank you.

ANSWER: In order for me to try and help you, I need the URLs of the sites.

QUESTION: The sites are and, Sir.

Hi Mae,

Because you wrote "whenever I connect to a different internet sources other than my home router, it opens fine." :

It appears to be your home router. Can you provide more detailed info about it - like your Internet service provider. Perhaps they have changed policies and block those sites.

To check this, download a Virtual Private Network (VPN) application. There are several to choose from and some have free and free-trial version. Connect, open your browser and try to connect to the sites again.

Also, did you remove or quarantine the potentially damaging hidden file and re-start your system?

Computer Security & Viruses

James Filmer

Viruses, Spam, hacking, Rootkits, Trojans, Keyloggers, all other forms of Malware, Internet access problems, slow systems, application and system instability, network abuse, Firewalls, layered security configurations, system maintenance support and general troubleshooting.

System, network and website administrator