Computer Security & Viruses/how hackers get in

Hi.  I'm a home pc user.  I have   a bit of knowledge in pc security to the extent that I read all the time.  But, I have not been able to figure out how a hacker protects his own pc.  I know about proxies and what not.  I am not interested in hacking someone's computer, but I am interested in protecting my own.  Any advice on books and what not?  Any help would be appreciated. I've read quite a few, but some get way too technical and are not straight forward enough for me.

Hacking is a knowledge. therefore they know what they are going to do.. they know how they achieve their mission, so based on that they know how to protect their pc. so to protect your PC you can do few things.

install antivirus program and scan PC regularly.
don't accept unknown user's requests and links you get from internet
don't open unknown senders links and attached emails.
don't access un-trusted networks and website.
Don't install software's which are from un-trusted parties

these are the some precaution you can take to protect your data and pc

hope this will help u

Computer Security & Viruses

I have a Knowledge of Computer Security and I am able to answer most of the security question, even though i am familiar with network security and various types of hacking techniques, and I know How to prevent attacks and prevent network and computer from hacking and virus and worms. I have knowledge of Data Recovery, Digital Forensic, Mobile forensic, Stenography, Biometrics and Networking.

I did my degree in BSc in computing specialism with in Computer security and which was awarded by Stafford shire university, UK. And I provide consultancy service for the organization and do security assessments.

May, 2010 onwards till Today I am working in Department of Judicial Administration as a Senior Computer programmer. Year 2001 to 2007 I was working as a Assistant Computer Programmer of Ministry Of Justice, Republic of Maldives. Other than that attended to several Training Program as a Tutor and worked Several Computer Training Centers for a lecture.

I have Completed Bachelor's of Science (Honors)in Computing with specialism in Computer Security in Asia Pacific University College of Technology and Innovation (Malaysia) in collaboration with Staffordshire University, UK. Has undertaken following Modules which are related to security and obtain excellent results. - CCNA Security - Malicious Software and Security Programming - Legal and Evidentiary Aspects of Forensic Computing - Forensic Data Gathering, Reconstruction and Analysis - Computer Systems Security - Fundamentals of Network Security - Data Recovery, Tracing and Evidence Gathering In Computer Systems - Introduction To Security Technologies - Biometrics 1

Bachelor's of Science (Honors) in Computing With Specialism in Computer Security Diploma in Information Technology