Computer Security & Viruses/Name not Available sound mixer issue

Question
Dear Brian,

I have read your conversation with Nick in 6/6/12 and im in need of dire aid with the same issue Nick going through. PLEASE HELP i'll donate in anyway I can if you can aid me in stopping this virus.

Sincerly,
Jeff

Answer
Hi Jeff

Happy to help.  Let's see what you have running.  Restart the computer into safe mode: When booting up, tap the F8 button continuously until a menu screen appears.  Choose to Boot Windows into Safe Mode With Networking.  Once in safe mode, open a browser and download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to your desktop from here:

http://fileforum.betanews.com/download/Malwarebytes-AntiMalware/1186760019/1

Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
* At the end of the install, Malwarebytes will perform an update to it's definitions.
* Once the program has loaded, select Full scan, then click Scan.
* When the scan is complete, click Show Results to view the results.
* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
* Reboot the computer normally.
* When completed, a log will open in Notepad.  Please save it to your desktop.

Copy the Malwarebytes log and paste it to me in a follow-up.

Brian

Computer Security & Viruses

Brian Benosky