Computer Security & Viruses/Problem receiving your response today

Hi Brian,

You've been helping me with viruses, and you told me to run ComboFix in safe mode with networking, which I did this morning. After it finished, I copied and pasted the report log from Notebook into my follow up-question, as you requested. Then at 12:26 today, Wed, I received a message that you had answered my question, but when I went to the bottom of the thread to read your answer, almost all of the report log had been cut off and there was no response from you. I'm wondering if the logs from both Hijack and ComboFix were too much for the system.

In any case, I'm not sure what to do now. Did ComboFix cure all the viruses? I pasted the Notebook report log into a Word doc. Should I send it to you or send it again in this system?  Should I reinstall MSE and run it?

Below is what was at the very end of the message at noon that said you had responded, but it had been cut off. Thank you so much for your help.

Yes, there can be a conflict running MSE with Combofix.  I was not aware that you installed it.  Best thing to do at this point is uninstall MSE, then run Combofix again in safe mode.

The log report is below. Should I reinstall MSE?

ComboFix 13-03-20.02 - BJ Snow 03/20/2013  11:56:28.1.2 - x86 NETWORK
Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium  6.0.6002.2.1252.1.1033.18.1917.1362 [GMT -5:00]
Running from: c:\users\BJ Snow\Desktop\ComboFix.exe
SP: Windows Defender *Disabled/Updated* {D68DDC3A-831F-4fae-9E44-DA132C1ACF46}
* Created a new restore point

Here is my response from yesterday.  It would probably be wise to start a new thread of questions with your next reply.

Hi B.J.

Do not reinstall MSE yet.  We need to make sure the infections are gone.  I would like for you to enter Safe Mode with Networking once again.  Open Malwarebytes' Antimalware and run an update.  Then run a full scan with it.  Post me the log file after the scan, and also an updated HJT log.

Computer Security & Viruses

Brian Benosky

I will help you in eradicating malware and all forms of virus/trojans/adware. I can answer all PC-related hardware issues. I can also troubleshoot Windows OS errors (all versions) and other software problems. HijackThis logs are a MUST for virus related help. If you do not know how to do this, I have posted easy-to-follow instructions on the Ask a Question page. Every computer infection is different, so I will give you personal instructions on how to remove the malware, not a 'pat' answer. You can be assured of a prompt, polite, and knowledgeable response in all regards.

I have over 25 years experience in using, building, and repairing computers. I have helped over two thousand people here on AllExperts, with consistent Top Feedback Scores. Please look at my answers here: I am also a Top Contributor of General Computing answers in Yahoo! Questions.

College Educated Self-taught Computer Skills