Computer Security & Viruses/VIRUS

My computer has an ad program I want to uninstall. It is called strongvault backup. Pop up ads appear frequently based upon my viewing. I went to uninstall programs and clicked strongvault and it says " do you want the following publisher, strongvault, to make changes on your computer". What should I click? Should I elimnate pop ups, and if so how?

Hi Al

The Strong Vault Uninstall instructions are located here:

After following the instructions, I suggest running additional scans to be certain the program is removed.  

Download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop from here:
Double click on AdwCleaner.exe, select OK, then Run.
Click on DELETE
A logfile will automatically open after the scan has finished
Copy and paste the contents in your reply to me along with an update on your popup situation.

Computer Security & Viruses

Brian Benosky

I will help you in eradicating malware and all forms of virus/trojans/adware. I can answer all PC-related hardware issues. I can also troubleshoot Windows OS errors (all versions) and other software problems. HijackThis logs are a MUST for virus related help. If you do not know how to do this, I have posted easy-to-follow instructions on the Ask a Question page. Every computer infection is different, so I will give you personal instructions on how to remove the malware, not a 'pat' answer. You can be assured of a prompt, polite, and knowledgeable response in all regards.

I have over 25 years experience in using, building, and repairing computers. I have helped over two thousand people here on AllExperts, with consistent Top Feedback Scores. Please look at my answers here: I am also a Top Contributor of General Computing answers in Yahoo! Questions.

College Educated Self-taught Computer Skills