Computer Security & Viruses/email

My wife and I share the same computer and I received an email listed with her name but she did not send it and in the email where it list the senders email it showed a different email address. The body of the mail was just a link to a webpage.Do we have a virus that stole her list or what happened and what can I do?

Though it's dated 3 years ago, and mentions Yahoo email, the info page below relates to many email services.

First, change and make your passwords stronger.

Second, consider using a password tool (some free for personal use) See

And third, update your antivirus and anti-spyware software, run full system scans remove/delete threats and consider at least one additional layer of security.

And yes, it's very possible a group or person has your mailing list - in which case you may wish to inform those on your mailing list to be very careful.

Using a new uncompromised email address to contact your mailing list, can also help mitigate the damage.

Computer Security & Viruses

James Filmer

Viruses, Spam, hacking, Rootkits, Trojans, Keyloggers, all other forms of Malware, Internet access problems, slow systems, application and system instability, network abuse, Firewalls, layered security configurations, system maintenance support and general troubleshooting.

System, network and website administrator