Computer Security & Viruses/Safety of "2 Shared" Downlods

Question
Keith:
You may be familiar with 2 Shared free downloads. They provide free downloads of software which various users have provided to them.
In particular, I would like to download the following Technical Repair Manual for my tractor:
http://www.2shared.com/document/ZSH18DPE/John_Deere_LX_Series_Lawn_Trac.html
Is their any way that I can be assured that it does not contain a virus, before or during or after download.
Maybe a silly question, but I am open to any thoughts on the matter.
Thanks for volunteering.

Answer
Save (don't "run") the file to your desktop. Before opening it right click and scan with your anti-virus or anti-malware program. If you don't have one try Malwarebytes. It is free at filehippo.com
After scanning, if it comes up clean, it will be safe to open.

Computer Security & Viruses

Keith Davis