Computer Security & Viruses/help! im a dummy with computers i dont even know what to ask

Question
ok, I have a toshiba laptop that i purchased in 2007 or 8 it has windows vista. I had macafee virus protection but didnt renew so it had no updated antivirus for a long time but i hardly used it. My stupid boyfriend was using my computer to look at porn and it started acting up. A neighbor where i used to live came over and installed ad-aware anti virus protection for free. The boyfriend has not stopped and he said the other day he was using it to skype with me and said he got a blue screen and then a lot of stuff was missing when he rebooted it. I noticed when i got on it that my screen saver was gone, all saved documents, pics, and music were gone. I was using google chrome and all of a sudden it said google chrome cannot access network and told me to add it to accepted programs on my firewall. Ok, this is where im stupid, other than keeping a boyfriend whos addicted to porn. I thought my firewall was in my antivirus but there was no list there so i went to control panel and found a list added google chrome to it but nothing changed. I repeated the process like it said to but still nothing so i rebooted it and i could get on google chrome but some saved documents i saved earlier today were gone again. what could be happening. i scanned the computer no virus detected, but i have to reinstall itunes and stuff. please help. I have no money to take the computer to someone to have them fix it. Do you have any clue what is happening? can you tell me what to do to fix it. I wouldnt be opposed to wiping everything and starting from scratch if i knew how. my only reservation is that i dont have any discs to reinstall word and stuff.

Answer
Hi Kimberly

I'd be happy to try and help you with your computer issues (boyfriend problems I will leave to other experts).  Boot your laptop into Safe Mode With Networking by tapping the F8 key during boot and choosing the Safe Mode With Networking option from the menu.  Open a browser and download Malwarebytes Antimalware from this link:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/malwarebytes-anti-malware/dl/7/
Install the program and let it update and then run a Full Scan.
When done, click to remove any items found, then reboot.  Send me a copy of the log file from the scan and we'll go from there.

Brian

Computer Security & Viruses

Brian Benosky