Computer Security & Viruses/Mediaplayer virus?

27 May 2013

Hello Keith,

My brother likes listening to music using mediaplayer. Recently, he downloaded some music. However, now he cannot open mediaplayer. Initially, he could not open the internet explorer icon after this problem. He mentioned that he now has found a way to use the internet again.

Please can advise be given on how to remove the possible virus and use mediaplayer again? What can be used to prevent downloading viruses using mediaplayer?

Kind regards,

Keep media player updated. Plus, disable a lot of the settings like "search for CD info", etc.
I use Malwarebytes. It is a great free program. It will remove the problem you have. Get it here:

Try other media players. WMP is probably the most unsecure.

Computer Security & Viruses

Keith Davis

Advice on how to avoid viruses and spyware. Suggestions on what software to run to avoid viruses and spyware. Identification of spyware, trojans, or virus infections. Overall system security.

As a PC tech, removing and identifying many viruses and trojans from customer's PCs.

4 classes short of a Networking degree.