Computer Security & Viruses/pc locked

My pc was locked and they wanted money to unlock it. I know this is a scam. Is there a way for me to unlock my pc. I cant afford to pay someone to do it. One more thing I am  not at all good with computers. Thank you for any help.

Hello Randy,

You didn't tell me anything about your system (Window Vista, 7, 8, ?) or any additional details about the "scam", so the best advice I can offer at this point is the following link:

Please note "Please perform all the steps in the correct order" under "Removal Instructions".

If you follow the instructions and it doesn't work, let me know and provide as much information as possible about your system, security applications in use on it, and any specifics about error messages or pop up windows that appear.  

Computer Security & Viruses

James Filmer

Viruses, Spam, hacking, Rootkits, Trojans, Keyloggers, all other forms of Malware, Internet access problems, slow systems, application and system instability, network abuse, Firewalls, layered security configurations, system maintenance support and general troubleshooting.

System, network and website administrator