Computer Security & Viruses/Malwarebytes Free Version

I installed Malwarebytes free version a while ago and I'm getting messages that the TRIAL version has expired and when I uninstall the program and reinstall it, I get the same message.

Do you know if Kapersky only lets you use the free version for a limited amount of time?

Thank you.

ANSWER: Hi Steven

When you installed Malwarebytes, you must have clicked a button to begin the free trial of the premium version.  When you get the pop up that the trail expired, just click the button to End Trial.  You will then need to run scans manually, as the free version does not have real-time protection.  
Kaspersky is free for 30 days, after which you will need to purchase an activation code to continue using it.
Hope that helps.

QUESTION: Actually I had the free version for about 7 months.  I had to run each scan manually. Maybe they decided to tell free users their "license" has expired in order to generate new paying customers?

Hi Steven

There is a method to completely remove Malwarebytes and reinstall to stop the Trial expired message:

They will always have a free version, and will never try to trick users into paying.  Here is how to revert to the free version:

Computer Security & Viruses

Brian Benosky

I will help you in eradicating malware and all forms of virus/trojans/adware. I can answer all PC-related hardware issues. I can also troubleshoot Windows OS errors (all versions) and other software problems. HijackThis logs are a MUST for virus related help. If you do not know how to do this, I have posted easy-to-follow instructions on the Ask a Question page. Every computer infection is different, so I will give you personal instructions on how to remove the malware, not a 'pat' answer. You can be assured of a prompt, polite, and knowledgeable response in all regards.

I have over 25 years experience in using, building, and repairing computers. I have helped over two thousand people here on AllExperts, with consistent Top Feedback Scores. Please look at my answers here: I am also a Top Contributor of General Computing answers in Yahoo! Questions.

College Educated Self-taught Computer Skills