Computer Security & Viruses/poweliks

Computer running windows 7 home premium infected with Poweliks. Ran Avira and Panda and MalwareBytes and saw some improvement but still infected.

Any advice?

That is a bad one. Sometimes you have to go to more intensive steps. I will give you a couple of options. This is one:
This is another:

The first is a symantec (the makers of Norton Anti-virus) Poweliks removal tool. I would try it first. Then try combofix. I have never used symantec's tool because I've never been infected with poweliks. I have used combofix on other nasty trojans and it worked great. It is an executable, meaning you don't have to install it. Just download it to your desktop, double-click it and let it run. If the trojan blocks it you will get an error message saying something to the effect that a file is corrupt or some application could not run. If this happens rename combofix.exe to anything.exe (or anything you want, just leave the .exe on the end)

Let me know how it goes.

Computer Security & Viruses

Keith Davis

Advice on how to avoid viruses and spyware. Suggestions on what software to run to avoid viruses and spyware. Identification of spyware, trojans, or virus infections. Overall system security.

As a PC tech, removing and identifying many viruses and trojans from customer's PCs.

4 classes short of a Networking degree.