Computer Security & Viruses/Malware Infection

Whenever I open chrome/firefox/IE, i get homepages opened up that I didn't assign, I get popups on the lower left hand side of the screen constantly, every 10 or so pages I navigate to I get a giant popup that takes up the whole screen and redirects me. I get random tabs opening up and downloading things to my computer. Whenever I reboot firefox opens up automatically with some weird russian gaming website, and it's all running very very slowly. I have Iobit Malware fighter v2.3 and AVG antivirus free edition 2015. I ran scans with both and deleted the few threats they found but this persists. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Hi Mike:
(4 options)
Please read the 4/16/2013 (and other) IOBit review:

It appears your issues may be related to the Spigot Toolbar.

First option: Remove Iobit using Add/Remove, or Revo uninstaller (free version OK) which gives you the option of removing all traces of it.

Then Download and install Malwarebytes (free version OK), update and run a full system scan, remove all threats, reboot, scan again, and again remove threats (if any).
Scan again to be sure there are no more threats.

Continue to use Malwarebytes (don't install any toolbars or addons with it).

2nd option: Uninstall it, reboot, download and install again, but don't include the Spigot Toolbar in the installation.

3rd option: Remove some Spigot functionality -

4th option: "Remove adware, bloatware and crapware with one click, 100% FREE." I've never used it, but it's endorsed by Tom's Guide, and that's a pretty good thing.

The bottom line is, your issues may not be Iobit/Spigot related, but Spigot must be removed or completely disabled first to make that determination.

If you need help with any of the above, just let me know. I'm looking forward to a speedy resolution of your problems.

If the answers help resolve your issues, please donate any amount so that I may continue to help others on (See  

Computer Security & Viruses

James Filmer

Viruses, Spam, hacking, Rootkits, Trojans, Keyloggers, all other forms of Malware, Internet access problems, slow systems, application and system instability, network abuse, Firewalls, layered security configurations, system maintenance support and general troubleshooting.

System, network and website administrator