Computer Security & Viruses/Deepfreeze/Sandboxie

Maury Kosh wrote at 2014-03-11 16:21:18
I have been using DeepFreeze my on own personal pc and others I support for years. I also have used Sandboxie.

Sandboxie is very slick as it only freezes the browser part of the system and still lets you save files.

I use Deepfreeze and freeze my whole Operating system drive (C)

I create a second partition (D) and I redirect anything I want to save to D. IE: Excel, my profile and any other data I need to edit. Now if something gets onto my system a simple reboot cleans it up.

There is another product (more expensive than Deepfreeze) (I can get the name if you are interested) that does what Deepfeeze does, but also has a rollback feature. It takes snapshots and depending on how many you save you can roll back to a particular date and time, much more powerful than Microsofts last known good.  

Computer Security & Viruses

Keith Davis

Advice on how to avoid viruses and spyware. Suggestions on what software to run to avoid viruses and spyware. Identification of spyware, trojans, or virus infections. Overall system security.

As a PC tech, removing and identifying many viruses and trojans from customer's PCs.

4 classes short of a Networking degree.