Computer Security & Viruses/Removing Malware as Administrator

Hi James,

I was running Spybot Search and Destroy and it identified problems that could only be removed by the Administrator.

I finally figured out how to sign on as Administrator but when I did the Spybot program was not accessible to me.

Is there anyway to delete the problems that were identified without signing on as Administrator or to automatically have access to the same programs when I'm in Administrator mode?

Or, better yet, since the only person using my desktop is me, just equate myself as Administrator?

Hi Steven,
It appears you installed Spybot as a limited user, not Administrator. If so, you could uninstall it, log in as Admin, then re-install Spybot.
You could also right click the Spybot icon and click "Run as" - which will give you the option of running as Administrator.
And yes, you could just equate yourself Admin. Here's some additional info:
However, I need to know what system you're using. Thanks.

Computer Security & Viruses

James Filmer

Viruses, Spam, hacking, Rootkits, Trojans, Keyloggers, all other forms of Malware, Internet access problems, slow systems, application and system instability, network abuse, Firewalls, layered security configurations, system maintenance support and general troubleshooting.

System, network and website administrator