Computer Security & Viruses/Virtual Private NetworK (VPN) V/S RDP Remote Server Connectivity.

Dear Brian

What could be the probable reasons that one is unable to establish connectivity to a VPN Server using VPN Client software ?.

Many times one is unable to establish connectivity to the VPN Server.

But one is always able to establish connectivity to a RDP Server using RDP Client software.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

There is not a lot of detail here to work with, but it sounds like your internet connection is fine, so the problem likely lays with the receiving end. If the VPN service is running on the same machine you are RDP'ing to then the issue is likely  with the VPN software on the receiving machine. If the VPN service is on a different machine than the server you are RDP'ing to then the issue could be anything from the VPN receiving service having issues to the VPN server/appliance possibly being down.  

Computer Security & Viruses

Maury Kosh

I have Knowledge in Large Enterprise architecture and design and I am able to answer most of your security, antivirus, and operating system questions.

Over 20 years in the IT industry. 12 of them in Architecture and design in Large heterogeneous networks. I have spent the last 10 years of my career working in the healthcare industry where the security of patient data is of vital importance.

Trained in: Microsoft Cisco Citrix Virtualization (VMWARE, Citrix) SAN (EMC, Netapp) Several firewall technologies Ethical Hacking Multiple Enterprise case server vendors Backup and recovery technologies