Computer Security & Viruses/virus?

I run Windows 7 for the last 3 years and recently notices in the STARTUP - APPLICATIONS - a new program - PREFRENCES with a little blue e icon similar to Internet Explored but not exactly..  I also noticed that CPU sometimes runs high 50% 60% or even higher - sometimes, so than I restart Windows.  I tried to look this program PREFRENCES in the startup of CCleaner as well as Auslogic and it does not appear there...When I right click on it and Go to PROCESS, it always takes to IDRIVE TRAY, a legit program that back up my files.  Why would they use PREFRENCES???  

Could you please guide here.  ?

Thank you,  Gabe

The first thing I would do is go ahead and download Malwarebytes
Install, update, and run a scan. If it comes back clean you may just need to do some tweaks to your machine. I cannot find any thing about any kind of "preferences" virus or malware. Go to He has all the tweaks to wake up a bogged down machine.

Computer Security & Viruses

Keith Davis

Advice on how to avoid viruses and spyware. Suggestions on what software to run to avoid viruses and spyware. Identification of spyware, trojans, or virus infections. Overall system security.

As a PC tech, removing and identifying many viruses and trojans from customer's PCs.

4 classes short of a Networking degree.