Computer Security & Viruses/Network Monitoring Software

I will preface this question with the following facts:
  1. I am low-med skill with computers.
  2. I am looking for a solution on a home network with 4 people using it.
  3. I have scoured the internet and just dont see what I am looking for.
  4. I am willing to learn some networking software like wireshark if that is what I need to do.

My question is this: Where can I find a piece of software that lets me monitor all internet traffic on my wifi?
   My issue is the kids keep getting infected with viruses and trojans even using kapersky-avg-avast-panda...
   So, what I really want to be able to do is when the internet goes slllllooowww because of their issues is monitor and figure out what is going on... Like system resource monitor for windows but for everything on the router...
   Is this possible?

In other words, "How can I Monitor Users on my Wifi Network?"

If that's what you mean, just place those words in your favorite search engines. Change the words a little and you should be able to find much more.

Hopefully you're using the Mywot add-on (or something like it), that will help you choose between safe and questionable links.

Just remember, though it's very important, monitoring isn't everything. One can monitor 24/7 and "not" know the when the wrong link is clicked or stop damage from occurring.*

Perhaps this discussion might help:

Or maybe you're looking for something like this:

or this:

Of course, migrating to something like Wireshark is a huge leap from tools available for the average user.

If you'd really want to use a tool that allows you to: "Read/write many different capture file formats: tcpdump (libpcap), Pcap NG, Catapult DCT2000, Cisco Secure IDS iplog, Microsoft Network Monitor, Network General Sniffer® (compressed and uncompressed), Sniffer® Pro, and NetXray®, Network Instruments Observer, NetScreen snoop, Novell LANalyzer, RADCOM WAN/LAN Analyzer, Shomiti/Finisar Surveyor, Tektronix K12xx, Visual Networks Visual UpTime,", and so much more - that's OK too.

But, I believe you don't have to go that far to accomplish your goal(s).  

Computer Security & Viruses

James Filmer

Viruses, Spam, hacking, Rootkits, Trojans, Keyloggers, all other forms of Malware, Internet access problems, slow systems, application and system instability, network abuse, Firewalls, layered security configurations, system maintenance support and general troubleshooting.

System, network and website administrator