Computer Security & Viruses/Hi Maury

A friend of mine has had trouble with her email acct.  Her acct is sending out spam.  I told her to change her email password and install anti-virus sw and I would be glad to lend her my "Norton360 CD for the PC".  However, then she told me that she is using an ipad.  so I'm not sure what to tell her with regards to my advice about anti-virus sw.  Does she need it? (I think an ipad won't take my "Norton360 for the PC" right? If she needs it, is the only way for her to get it is to download it from the Internet?)

Apple products tent not at this time to be big targets for malware. I recently have fixed the same issue with another IPAD. As they are mobile they frequently lose connectivity to a wireless network and what I have seen is a email(s) can get stuck in the outbox of the email client and then the IPAD keeps trying to send the mail over and over again (Looking like spam) and can never get rid of it.

Have your friend look in the outbox and delete any mail still sitting there. If that fails let me know and we can investigate further.

Computer Security & Viruses

Maury Kosh

I have Knowledge in Large Enterprise architecture and design and I am able to answer most of your security, antivirus, and operating system questions.

Over 20 years in the IT industry. 12 of them in Architecture and design in Large heterogeneous networks. I have spent the last 10 years of my career working in the healthcare industry where the security of patient data is of vital importance.

Trained in: Microsoft Cisco Citrix Virtualization (VMWARE, Citrix) SAN (EMC, Netapp) Several firewall technologies Ethical Hacking Multiple Enterprise case server vendors Backup and recovery technologies