Computer Security & Viruses/virus?

Hi Keith. I'm not good with computers but I have a laptop that I use to play Pogo games and email. I think it has IE7 windows 9, or something like that. I have a wireless Verizon connection (a bar that goes in the side of the computer). I have Norton anti-virus. The other day I was in Pogo about to play a game when my computer shut off completely then came right back on. Then I hear a radio station playing thru the computer. Sometimes more than one station at a time. It plays for awhile, stops, then starts again. There is nothing else running in the background and I don't download things or click on ads. Do you think this is a virus, do you think I got it at Pogo? Now I'm afraid to go back to Pogo.  Thanks.  ~Andee

Not sure what version of Norton's you have (anti-virus, full security suite, etc), but the problem could be caused by a trojan rather than a virus that your anti-virus software will not detect. If you can I would download and run Malwarebytes
If it detects anything remove it. If it does not and you still are having problems you can go a step further by downloading and running Combofix

Let me know if anything is detected and what it is. You may want to try another anti-virus. To tell you the truth I am not a big Norton's fan. It is a resource hog and has been known to not detect some really nasty trojans.

Computer Security & Viruses

Keith Davis

Advice on how to avoid viruses and spyware. Suggestions on what software to run to avoid viruses and spyware. Identification of spyware, trojans, or virus infections. Overall system security.

As a PC tech, removing and identifying many viruses and trojans from customer's PCs.

4 classes short of a Networking degree.