Computer Security & Viruses/virus?

Question
Hi Brian, I'm not good with computers but I have a laptop that I play Pogo games on and email. I think it's got IE7 and Windows 9, I have a wireless Verizon bar that goes in the side for internet connection and I have Norton Anti-virus. The other day I was in Pogo about to play a game when my computer shut off and came right back on. Then I started hearing a radio station, sometimes more than one station at a time. It'll play awhile, stop, then play again, sports talk radio usually. I have nothing else running in the background, I don't click on ads or download things. I asked Verizon about it and they told me radio frequencies do not go over their modems so it's not that. Do you think this is a virus & I got it by going on Pogo?  Thank you.  Andee

Answer
Hi Andee

If the laptop has bluetooth, try turning that off to see if the radio noise goes away.  If not, it never hurts to run a malware scan.  Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware from here:

http://www.malwarebytes.org/

Install the program and run the full scan to see if anything comes up.  If it does find something, delete the offenders, reboot, and see if the noise is gone.  Let me know it that works.

Brian

Computer Security & Viruses

Brian Benosky