Computer Security & Viruses/What to do

Dear James:
My friend's email account started emailing spam.  I suggested that she change the password and install anti-virus software and that I could lend her my Norton360 CD for the PC.  The former she can do - as for the latter, she said she uses an ipad (which looking at another friend's ipad - doesn't appear accept CDs).  Should my friend install an anti-virus software and would my Norton360 CD for the PC work for her ipad? If not, then what could she use?

Please see:

I like Katielouie's answer the best:
"Re: Should I have antivirus on my iPad?
09-Jan-2013 08:41 (in response to stedman1)
Fortunately, there are several effective apps for protecting your tablet from both digital and real-world threats. They're easy to install and can help keep your investment safe.
Lookout (Free; iOS, Android) - Lookout is a free antivirus and anti-spyware app for mobile devices. It can also protect your tablet in the event it is lost or stolen.
You'll be able to back up your contact data or find your phone using GPS location. Lookout for Android offers a premium version for $3 per month that will let you remotely wipe your device and back up photos and call history.
avast! Mobile Security (Free; Android) - The same company that makes one of the best free antivirus suites for PCs also provides protection for Android tablets. avast! Mobile Security can prevent many types of viruses and intrusions at no cost to you.

About using your PC Norton for her iPad, I don't believe that's possible.
However, Norton does make an app for it.

See also:

Computer Security & Viruses

James Filmer

Viruses, Spam, hacking, Rootkits, Trojans, Keyloggers, all other forms of Malware, Internet access problems, slow systems, application and system instability, network abuse, Firewalls, layered security configurations, system maintenance support and general troubleshooting.

System, network and website administrator