Computer Security & Viruses/Antivirus for windows 8.1

I want to know which 'free antivirus' is best to use with 'windows 8.1' without any performance lag or slow?

ANSWER: Picking a antivirus program is a personal preference, so I will give you my favorite choice.

..Panda Cloud antivirus.., they have a free version and because much of the processing happens in the cloud the performance footprint on your PC is small.

QUESTION: Thanks for your response!

Cloud means do I have to be online all the time for it to protect PC?

But I need to ask again about the latest avast free and avg free. What about them?

Yes you would need to be online for Panda Cloud  to work, so you would need to decide how often you access offline data IE: USB stick.. etc.

Those 2 Antivirus are good products. But as they both install completely to the PC you will see a performance hit.  

Computer Security & Viruses

Maury Kosh

I have Knowledge in Large Enterprise architecture and design and I am able to answer most of your security, antivirus, and operating system questions.

Over 20 years in the IT industry. 12 of them in Architecture and design in Large heterogeneous networks. I have spent the last 10 years of my career working in the healthcare industry where the security of patient data is of vital importance.

Trained in: Microsoft Cisco Citrix Virtualization (VMWARE, Citrix) SAN (EMC, Netapp) Several firewall technologies Ethical Hacking Multiple Enterprise case server vendors Backup and recovery technologies