Computer Security & Viruses/Delta Homes Threat

Question
I'm using Mcafe Internet Security. I'm currently having a problem with my browser. Whenever I open my Chrome or Internet Explorer, the first page loaded will be Delta Homes and I can't change it. I reset my chrome settings and it didn't work. Same for IE. I've no apps or software named Delta or Delta homes or other names related to it. I scanned my Computer thoroughly with my mcafee and it said "No threats found". Please help.

Answer
You have malware called a browser highjacker.

Here is an article on how to remove it:
http://www.bitdefender.com/tech-assist/self-help/how-to-remove-delta-search.html

Incase your browser will not let you get to the site:
Delta Search Toolbar is one of the most commonly found and aggressive toolbars. It comes bundled with other software that you might never use or find useful, such as MixiDJ and Browser Protect.

The program has been flagged as potentially unwanted because it changes your default search engine to delta-search.com, initiates browsing redirections, alters your search results and features numerous ads. It will also replace your home page with the Delta home page and add a toolbar to your browser.

Because of its behavior people tend to consider it malware, and are surprised that their antivirus software won’t remove it. However, technically the toolbar is not malware. Like other similar programs, it has to be uninstalled and the remaining traces need to be removed manually.

For this you will need to follow the instructions below: Uninstall Delta Search

For this you will need to follow the instructions below:Uninstall Delta Search

Access the Run command by pressing the Windows logo key  + R
Type appwiz.cpl in the Run text box and hit Enter
Look for Delta Search in the list of installed programs, then double-click on it to uninstall it.

Follow the same uninstall process for each of the following: Delta Chrome Toolbar, Delta toolbar, Yontoo, BrowserProtect, and Mixi.DJ.
Search for each of these programs and uninstall them one by one.
Remove the Delta Search toolbar from your internet browser(s)

After the toolbar is completely uninstalled, traces of it will still be present in your web browser. You will need to manually remove these traces.

Remove Delta Search from Internet Explorer

Remove Delta Toolbar from the Add-ons manager
Open Internet Explorer.
Click on the Tools icon  (Cogwheel) and select Manage add-ons.
Under Add-on Types, select Toolbars and Extensions.
In the right pane, select Delta Toolbar & Delta helper Object and click on the Disable button.
Remove Delta Search from default search engines

Open Internet Explorer.
Click on the Tools icon (Cogwheel) and select Manage add-ons.
Under Add-on Types, select Search Providers.
Select Delta Search and click the Remove button.
Remove the Delta Search home page

Open Internet Explorer.
Click on the Tools icon  (Cogwheel) and select Internet Options.
In the General tab, delete the Delta URL from the Home page text box.
Click OK to save the changes
Attention!

If you open a new tab in Internet Explorer and it still displays Delta Search as the home page, do the following:

Open Internet Explorer, click on the Tools icon (Cogwheel), and select Internet Options.
In General tab, click the Tabs button (in the Tabs section).
In the new window, go to the drop down menu and select the option: Your first home page.
Click OK, Apply and OK in the next window as well.
Restart Internet Explorer.
Remove Delta Search from Mozilla Firefox

Open Mozilla Firefox.
From the Firefox orange button (or from the standard Tools menu), click on Add-ons.
Make sure Extensions is selected in the Add-ons manager left side menu bar
Disable or remove the Delta Toolbar add-on
Restart the browser.

Open Mozilla Firefox.
Click inside the Search text field and press the F4 key
Select Manage Search Engines from the drop down list
Remove the Delta Search home page

Open Mozilla Firefox.
From the Firefox orange button (or from the standard Tools menu), select Options.
In the General tab, delete the Delta URL from the home page text box.
Click OK to save the changes.
Remove the Delta Search home page from New Tab

If you open a new tab in Firefox and Delta Search as home page, do the following:

Type: about:config in the address bar and press enter
Confirm the message.
Type: browser.newtab.url in the Search text field
Right-click on the result and select Toggle (or Reset in older versions)
Remove Delta Search from Google Chrome

Remove the Delta Toolbar Extension
Open Chrome.
Click on the Chrome menu  and select Settings.
Click on Extensions in the left side menu.
Remove/Disable the Delta Toolbar.
Remove Delta Search from default Search engines

From the Chrome menu  , select Settings.
In the Search section, click Manage search engines and remove Delta Search from the default search engines list.
Click OK to save the changes.
Remove the Delta Search home page

Open Chrome.
In the Chrome menu , select Settings.
In the On Startup section, Click on Set Pages and delete the Delta URL (you can set a different home page by entering a URL of your choice).
Click Ok to save the changes.
In the Appearance section, click on Change and delete the Delta URL (you can set a different home page).
Click Ok to save the changes.  

Computer Security & Viruses

Maury Kosh