Computer Security & Viruses/scan for malware

Question
Hello; I've been trying to rid my Chrome browser of a hijacking bit of malware.  I found step by step instructions via Google and then went to the site and the people all seem quite friendly and eager to be of assistance.  The problem is that I am probably as old as any of their grandmothers and one of them asked me to upload a scan that I did not see listed as part of the instructions for giving the site information if you want help getting rid of malware.  The fellow asked me to upload the "Addition.txt scan".  I googled this and found reference to it once or twice but still cannot figure out what parti cular software I should use to get this scan.  This is probably one of the least erudite questions you will be asked on this site, but I would appreciate knowing...especially since I'm a definite non-techie and everything I know about my computer was learned when I screwed something up and I'd like to break that habit.  Thank you!

Answer
Farbar Recovery Scan Tool, or FRST, is a portable application designed to run on Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8 in normal or safe mode to diagnose malware issues.

This is the tool that will make the addition.txt file that you were asked for :-)  The link below will take you to the download site to get it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/farbar-recovery-scan-tool/dl/81/

It is free and is meant to help identify the browser hijacker you are infected with.

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask again if you need more assistance.  

Computer Security & Viruses

Maury Kosh