Computer Security & Viruses/Question

Question
Dear Thorig: A friend of mine is experiencing the follow. Can you help?  "it's really terrible. Upon launching a webpage, it takes only a few seconds for it to freeze. A message appears at the bottom stating that "yahoo.com is not responding." At the far right, there's a button to click on to "recover webpage." This happens with every webpage launched so I have to close it out and relaunch over and over.
I was told that I need to correct and fix infected files (even though I have Norton Anti-virus previously installed). But this, along with slow system performance, are supposed to be minor issues. The bigger issue is that my network is not secure, therefore, it's easy for spywares to behave like leeches. So unless I get all this resolved soon, I'm sure it won't be long before my computer completely shuts down."  Thank you kindly.

Answer
Dear,

it looks like malware is working in behind. Is there any tool bar installed in your browser. if so remove it. open control panel and remove any unnecessary tools or software installed. hopefully this will help. if not open computer in safe mode and run antivirus scanner to detect any hidden virus or spyware.

regards

Computer Security & Viruses

THORIG,IBRAHIM