Computer Security & Viruses/Avast antivirus

Question
Hello, i manually downloaded the latest avast virus definitions from avast website, and when i tried to install the virus definitions by double clicking on the file, there's an error message appeared saying "stub error, can't open sfx archive, installer can not continue." why it's happening? I failed to update avast virus database. Please suggest me. Thanx.

Answer
That kind of error usually means the install file is corrupt. Have you tried totally uninstalling it from your machine and downloading it again? If not I would uninstall it, run the Avast removal tool (get it from the Avast site), and download it again from http://filehippo.com/download_avast_antivirus/
If the problem still happens get back with me.

Computer Security & Viruses

Keith Davis