Computer Security & Viruses/Avast antivirus

Hello, i manually downloaded the latest avast virus definitions from avast website, and when i tried to install the virus definitions by double clicking on the file, there's an error message appeared saying "stub error, can't open sfx archive, installer can not continue." why it's happening? I failed to update avast virus database. Please suggest me. Thanx.

That kind of error usually means the install file is corrupt. Have you tried totally uninstalling it from your machine and downloading it again? If not I would uninstall it, run the Avast removal tool (get it from the Avast site), and download it again from
If the problem still happens get back with me.

Computer Security & Viruses

Keith Davis

Advice on how to avoid viruses and spyware. Suggestions on what software to run to avoid viruses and spyware. Identification of spyware, trojans, or virus infections. Overall system security.

As a PC tech, removing and identifying many viruses and trojans from customer's PCs.

4 classes short of a Networking degree.