Computer Security & Viruses/McAfee Virus Enterprise

QUESTION: I have like 500+ files to

What must I do to my laptop before I download them to my laptop to keep the files all safe?

ANSWER: Having an up to date, good anti-virus program. You list McAfee. It is reputable but it is a resource hog. If you want performance use something less demanding such as AVG free.
I'm sure dropbox has some kind of anti-virus also.

QUESTION: So, I uninstall McAfee and install AVG free?
Should I install malewarebytes Anti-malware as well?

Yes. Download AVG ("save", do not "run"). Save the installation file to a easy to access location.
Uninstall McAfee. I'm sure a restart will be required afterward. After restart double-click the AVG installation file, paying attention to the different prompts. You want to stick with the free edition and stay away from the "trial" version.

Computer Security & Viruses

Keith Davis

Advice on how to avoid viruses and spyware. Suggestions on what software to run to avoid viruses and spyware. Identification of spyware, trojans, or virus infections. Overall system security.

As a PC tech, removing and identifying many viruses and trojans from customer's PCs.

4 classes short of a Networking degree.