Computer Security & Viruses/viruses

Can you help me find a safe program to download to protect web surfing from bad things such as hackers, viruses, malware, etc.?

Hi Henry

That is a very general question, as there are many software programs and add-ons to help you stay safe on the web.  Every operating system and browser has it's own strengths and weaknesses.  Have a look at the article "Simple and easy ways to keep your computer safe and secure on the Internet" By Lawrence Abrams.  It's located here:

In the article, it mentions the program Malwarebytes, which is a good place to start in order to stay safe from malware:

Computer Security & Viruses

Brian Benosky

I will help you in eradicating malware and all forms of virus/trojans/adware. I can answer all PC-related hardware issues. I can also troubleshoot Windows OS errors (all versions) and other software problems. HijackThis logs are a MUST for virus related help. If you do not know how to do this, I have posted easy-to-follow instructions on the Ask a Question page. Every computer infection is different, so I will give you personal instructions on how to remove the malware, not a 'pat' answer. You can be assured of a prompt, polite, and knowledgeable response in all regards.

I have over 25 years experience in using, building, and repairing computers. I have helped over two thousand people here on AllExperts, with consistent Top Feedback Scores. Please look at my answers here: I am also a Top Contributor of General Computing answers in Yahoo! Questions.

College Educated Self-taught Computer Skills