Computer Security & Viruses/anti-virus

Question
Hi Davis,

Is the following points correct?

-AVG Free 64 bits and Malewarebytes anti-malware 64 bits work with window 8.1 Pro
-open internet explorer, but do not increase security yet.
-stay away from ads on www.filehippo.com
-okay if install AVG free and malwarebytes anti-malware at the same time when they auto run on installation.
-run scan of AVG free and Malwarebytes anti-malware separetely and not at the same time.
-AVG free is automatic; thus it run scan and functional at all time.
-Malewarebyes anti-malware is not automatic; thus is not runnning a scan or functional at all time. You have to run a scan.
-AVG Free is enough to keep everything safe; however, installing malewarebytes anti-malware as well would not hurt.
-Malewarebyte Anti-malware free version is manual; thus, it means you need to scan and update manually. It does not do on it own.
-"AVG will detect and remove viruses and most trojans. Malwarebytes will detect and remove all the other bad stuff (ie. less serious trojans, spyware, adware, etc.)."
-"With AVG you don't have to check anything. When you download a program it will automatically scan it. There is another way to scan with both. A good practice when downloading programs is to "save" and not "run". Save the .exe or application file to your desktop. Before installing it, right click it and you will have the option to "scan with AVG" and "scan with Malwarebytes". This will insure before installing that the program is safe."

I am not sure about this two:

note: "disable autoplay for USB and disk drive."
1. How do you do that?

2. What does it mean to do a system scan?
3. How do I scan the whole laptop?

Answer

Make 100 percent sure it is by going to settings and system. It will say 32 or 64 bit there. I'm almost certain all OS's now are 64 bit

I remember saying this but I don't remember what problem you were having when I said that?

Stay away forms ads anywhere!

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes. Avg will protect against viruses and some bad malware. Malwarebytes will cover you for everything else.

Yes

See the last question

Yes

Computer Security & Viruses

Keith Davis